Hi! Wow, it’s been so long since I wrote here I’ll soon be able to count my absence in years, not months. But oh well, no one’s perfect. And neither is our internet or computer situation, which is also the main reason I’ve been gone so long.
I’m planning on writing more stuff ASAP, but I just wanted to write a short blurb now about a book that I read earlier in this year for my Sitzbook book-a-week reading project. It’s called The Forever War by Joe Haldeman. When I read the description, it sounded a bit like “Starship Troopers,” but less cheesy, but it was only a dollar or two on the Kindle, so I got it to try it out. And speaking of that, that’s why I’m mentioning it now, since I noticed it’s currently on sale for the Kindle for only 25 cents! So what do you have to lose?
I’ll also include a few other books that I’ve enjoyed recently in that ad block above, in case you’re not into space war books but might be interested in something else that I’ve read lately.
In any case, I’m really glad I got The Forever War, since it was a very engaging book that combined sci-fi, war, and just plain good writing. I won’t spoil too much about it in case you decide to read it. However, I will say that it was one of those book that made me think for a few days after I read it, so I took that as a good sign.
If you end up checking it out, let me know what you think. Either way, thanks for reading!
Latest posts by Sitzman (see all)
- Sitzbook Review – ‘The Wonderful Wizard of Oz’ by L. Frank Baum - December 11, 2016
- Sitzbook Book Recommendation: ‘The Forever War’ by Joe Haldeman - December 6, 2016
- Our Cat Boner - June 29, 2016
- Sitzbook Review: ‘The Almost Nearly Perfect People’ by Michael Booth - April 30, 2016
- 6 Of My Favorite Prince Songs – And What They Mean To Me - April 24, 2016