So I’m currently nearing the end of my month-long “finishing work” period, as is required by law. I was casually looking for a job, but in the meantime I’ve been offered upwards of five jobs. They’re admittedly part-time and smaller, but that’s what I was looking for:
1. A former student of mine asked me to teach her German, since she’s going to spend a year there starting in August. I took that job, and it’s going really well. It’s also nice to practice German again!
2. I bought a new car recently, and the lady who sold it to me asked if I could tutor her. That’s still pending.
3. When a guy came to offer us internet in Berlín, he said if I was ever looking for a job, then I should call them since they were looking for good people.
4. The mother of the girl I teach German to asked me if I could teach English classes on Saturday mornings. That’s probably a go, if I can get our scanner to work (to send copies of my diplomas, I guess).
5. I was offered a job today in Palmares teaching at an English language institute. It’d be only 3 or 4 days a week in the evenings. Sounds perfect!
So, all this excess of labor opportunities is good and all, but I was almost looking forward to unemployment: a good stretch of sitting on my ass, relaxing, reading, and periodically doing yardwork while ostensibly looking for a job. I guess all that may have to get put on hold for now.
But in the end, I may have time to write some more blog posts. Tomorrow our friends Dustin and Sam are arriving, though, and they’ll be here for two weeks. We’re really excited to have them, and I’ll try to put up some pictures or stories at some point. In the meantime, hope you’re all well!
(PS – The picture is of some beer bread I made. I couldn’t find a good employment-related pic in my collection.)