I’ve mentioned in a few posts and emails that it’s been raining a lot here, but we should probably be thankful that we’re in Costa Rica, since it’s been a lot worse in other parts of Central America. As this article notes, it’s been especially bad in Guatemala and El Salvador, and around 90 people have died. It’s even washed out bridges and houses in a lot of the isthmus. So, maybe keep the people here in your thoughts. I also wanted to post a few rain-related pictures, although they’re all older pictures.
On the upside, the rain has slackened today, at least in Berlín and the nearby area, which is a good sign.
|A picture from last year. These types of landslides are unfortunately common in the rainy season.|
I don’t have much else to add today, but since it’s Blogtoberfest, I wanted to make sure I posted something today. Thanks for reading, and have a good one!
|A picture that Dustin took when he and Sam visited a few years ago.
When I see this, I realize how remarkably the Formerly Crappy Casita has transformed.
The following two tabs change content below.
Errand-Running Monkey at Sitzblog
Hey! I'm Ryan Sitzman, the person in charge of Sitzblog. If you want to know more about me, you can check out my profile on Google or go to my personal site, RyanSitzman.com. You can also click on any of the redundant little boxes to the left and it should take you to my profiles for all kinds of social networks. Thanks!
Latest posts by Sitzman (see all)
- Sitzbook Review: ‘The Year of Living Danishly’ by Helen Russell - September 17, 2018
- A Combo Platter of “Don’t Leave Me This Way” - September 16, 2018
- Sitzbook Review: 3 Books by Comedians - September 13, 2018
- Sitzbook 200-Word Review: ‘The Rest of Us Just Live Here’ by Patrick Ness - September 7, 2018
- Sitzbook 200-Word Review: ‘Underground Airlines’ by Ben H. Winters - September 5, 2018